What is going on with the SR520 Lid?
We hear you. We agree that the Lid looks awful. Here are some quick facts you need to know:
1) This issue is important to us and we’ve been working on it behind the scenes for many months.
2) The SR520 Lid is State property, not Town property. This is a delicate, multi-jurisdictional matter.
3) The Town has retained legal counsel and in conjunction with our neighbors (Hunts Point, Medina, Clyde Hill..) we are negotiating a maintenance agreement with WSDOT. This has been a challenging and slow process.
4) Our objective in reaching an agreement is to find a solution that is not only equitable, but also meets our maintenance standards. We cannot, in good faith, agree to something which will likely have adverse cost or aesthetic consequences to the Town for years to come.
5) We need your help! Have you signed the “WSDOT: TAKE CARE OF YOUR SR520 LIDS” petition? We’ve gathered more than 200 signatures at the 4th of July (Thank you!) but need more. Please stop by Town Hall to sign the petition ;this is a very powerful tool at our disposal.
6) Finally, NextDoor is a private community group which is not monitored by Town Staff. Due to the demands of the Public Records Act, the Town cannot use it as a communication forum. Please contact us directly, we’re all in this together.
We will keep you updated on the progress.
Located in the greater Seattle area of the State of Washington, the Town of Yarrow Point is bordered on three sides by the eastern shoreline of Lake Washington. This peninsula covers approximately 231 acres, has 4.32 miles of streets, and includes about 405 homes housing an estimated population of 1,010 residents.
The town's proximity to the business centers of both Seattle and the Eastside makes it a desirable location. In addition, the sylvan look and feel of this residential community offers residents respite from the many pressures of our modern world. First homesteaded in the late 1880's, the Town was incorporated in June 1959 to preserve its unique characteristics in the face of significant changes throughout the greater Puget Sound region. While one fourth of the homes in Yarrow Point enjoy waterfront locations or water access, the remaining three quarters offer views ranging from expansive to territorial.
We invite you to browse our website using the links to the left. If you have any questions or comments on this site, please contact us.
The Town of Yarrow Point is situated at longitude W122° 13' and latitude N47° 39' King County, Washington State. The Town sits approximately 5 miles from downtown Seattle and is bordered by the cities of Kirkland, Clyde Hill, Medina, and the Town of Hunts Point.
Yarrow Point Town Hall is located at:
4030 - 95th Ave NE
Yarrow Point, WA 98004
Phone: (425) 454-6994
Fax: (425) 454-7899
We are open Monday through Thursday (except holidays) from: 8:30am to 12:00pm and 1:00pm to 4:30pm
We are open Friday from: 8:30am to 12:00pm.
The Town of Yarrow Point does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability in its programs or activities.